Introduction

Saturday 28 May 2016

Serene Skies

Hello and welcome back, I hope you've had a great week!

In today's post, I'll be sharing with you some of the snaps I've taken of nature's most intriguing possession - the sky. I don't know about you, but looking at a beautiful, scenic sky instantly relaxes me and I always find myself saying, "ooh, look at the sky," or "the sky looks so pretty"! I realised the amount of sky pictures I had, so I thought why not share them with you? I hope you enjoy!

Now, this is something you don't see everyday! A few months ago, you may have heard about the rare phenomenon which could be viewed at different locations in England. This is a rainbow cloud, or iridescent cloud as its formally known, which is created when small water droplets individually scatter light, turning the sky into a heaven of colour.

This is also one of my favourites... I can see different layers of clouds too, with the darker blue ones appearing closer and making it look 3D. It almost reminds me of a scene from a magical, fairy tale which makes you want to reach out to touch it.







Here is a classic sunset, with the warm, vibrant colours. Although, I love how the clouds seem as if they're being pulled towards something, creating a halo in the sky. This photo makes me think of winter, being tucked up on the sofa with the fire on and a mug of hot chocolate tucked between my hands.


I took this as we drove (disclaimer: I wasn't driving!) past a cemetery with this grand little church and stone wall. Personally, I love the colours in this and how well they harmonise together.












This is it for today! Please let me know which sky is the most serene to you in the comments and I'll see you again with another post next weekend...

Holly x