Introduction

Friday 13 May 2016

Flower Fanatics

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post I'm going to share with you lovely lot some of the pictures I've previously taken of flowers! My love of flowers has grown over the years, due to the fact that as you get older, you often tend to appreciate the things you may have not batted an eyelid at when you were younger. Nowadays, I think that flowers of any type can make any place feel more welcoming and certainly a lot prettier. I'd say that my favourite flowers would be blossom, especially when there's pink and white petals drifting to the ground, creating a blanket of serenity. I quite like lillies too - apart from their smell!

I took this photo at a place called Ryedale Folk Musuem in Hutton-Le-Hole, North Yorkshire. Ryedale Folk Museum is an outdoor museum which has old shops and machinery on show, as well as old housing and allotments (where I took this).

I love the contrast between the bright pink and white against the darkness of the soil and leaves beneath the flowers as it really makes them stand out.


Similarly, this photo was taken at Ryedale Folk Museum. As you may be able to tell from the fence in the background, it was the garden of a cute little cottage which people lived in hundreds of years ago. I love how this photo almost shows a part of history, as well as the fact that it has really vibrant and warm colours.




As you may have read in my Roses are Red, Violets are Blue blog post, I went to a beautiful place called Scampston Hall in August last year. Like the photo I showed there, I also took this one in Scampston Hall. I was attracted to this stunning flower because of how bright it was and it was like love at first sight! (Sadly, things didn't work out for us in the end... Hahah)









That's it for today's post, even though I have so many more flower photos which I could share, it'd take you hours to read - trust me! Tomorrow, I should hopefully have something a little bit different going up for you so make sure to come back around this time then! I hope you've enjoyed reading this and I'll see you again shortly...

Holly x